Monday, August 01, 2011

Separation anxiety

I've joked the last few weeks about our old neighbors' kids having a harder time adjusting to the move to the new house simply because they'll be 7 miles away from their beloved Miki, instead of 700 feet away.

I take it back.

Saturday night, after a long two days helping our friends move into their new place, I had a terrible dream. Josh told me he never wanted me in his house or near his children ever again. I begged and pleaded with him, but he would not relent. I don't remember why he was so adamant about this, but he was. In my dreams, names were called and things were said, and it was all very terrible. So terrible, that when I woke up Sunday morning, I was not entirely sure it had only been a dream.

Sarah assured me today that this whole nightmare couldn't be further from the truth. And that's nice and all, but I miss those guys. I think I'll go eat some jellybeans.

2 comments:

Robin said...

awwww! Looks who has the separation anxiety.

Josh said...

Hey Lady-

That dream must have taken place on opposite day. I was telling Sarah yesterday that I did not think we would be in the new house if we had the kids with us. We are really grateful for all your help with the move, and there is always room at the inn.