Monday, July 18, 2011

History, or Dingbats in Birthday Hats

Lots of stuff happened on this day ...
  • FDR was nominated for a third term as President.
  • Nero's Rome burned (who remembers that one?).
  • Ted Kennedy drove off a bridge.
  • Titanic wreckage video was released.
  • Pete Rose hit a grand slam against the Phillies.
  • Nadia Comaneci scored a perfect 10 in gymnastics.
  • Napoleon V Bonaparte, Harriet Hilliard Nelson, Nelson Mandela, Richard Dix, Peter Singer, and Anfernee Hardaway were born.
  • Garden State Park track opens.
  • Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown tied the knot.
  • Crayola introduces scented crayons.
But all of that pales in comparison to one very important thing that happened on this day some *mumblemumble-ty* years ago - my mom was born! And let's face it, most of you would be a whole lot sadder if it weren't for her being born. Not because she's so awesome (though she is), but because without her, I wouldn't be here!*

But seriously. I am so grateful to have the kind of mother I do. She's always been supportive of her kids, even if they decided digging a hole in the ground and filling it with hose water and then laying in the resulting mud pit was The Best Idea, she was there taking pictures (I think I confiscated them all). She's never not been there for me, whether I needed her or not. She's always willing to try something new, whether it's Pad Thai or turning left instead of right. Everything I've become as an adult can be blamed on her. Er, I mean, it's all her fault. Er, I mean, somehow I've turned into my mother.... You know what I mean!!!!

Here's to another *mumblety* years of MmmBoppa Big Momma crafting, pan-a-lanching, exploring, and more! Love ya! Mean it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

*Like my dad always says, "Having kids is hereditary. If your parents didn't, chances are you won't either."

4 comments:

Sarah Lampesalot said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Thang!!!!!! Love, Dennis

Sarah Lampesalot said...

Oh darn, guess I shouldn't have logged in to leave that last comment. Ha ha! Happy Birthday, Robin!!!!! For real!!!! Hope you have an incredibly awesome day!!!!

Robin said...

Tears! That's all I can say. I guess should have check posts last night. LOVE

LuAnn Snow said...

that is friggity friggin awesome! JUST LIKE YOUR MOM!