Using four of the five colors, I cut the fabric into 6" squares and then arranged and sewed four squares into a large square. Then, I used the remaining color (the orange, in this case - I felt that each of the other prints had something orange and this would make it easy to tie it all together) as sashing.
I backed it with a teal corduroy I'd picked up at a crafty yard sale and then did a simple straight-line quilting.
The corduroy had a couple of worn spots - it was clean and totally usable, it just might have sat folded for too long - and you can see in the photo above that I had to do some minor patchwork. This is probably my favorite part of the quilt!
My friend Kate helped me to understand the intricacies of the continuous binding and before I knew it, I was done my first quilt. After a quick run through the delicate cycle, I ran down to give the quilt to its recipient. I think she liked it.