Friday, March 06, 2009

SparkCrafted goes a little bit big

I spent last weekend going through my handspun, measuring yardage, setting twist, drying skeins, and taking photographs.

SCEyarndrying



And with hanks of yarn at the ready, I designed some labels:

Label mosiac

SCEbacket2


Then, just to mix it up a little bit, I got out my beads and wire and threw together a set of stitch markers:

SCEsunnydays


I've gone ahead and opened up an Etsy shop: SparkCrafted.etsy.com, a so-far-very-small shop offering a variety of handspun yarns, some hand-dyed items, stitch markers, and heather batts (for spinning or felting!). I love knitting, but I love spinning even more! And while I do spin-to-knit, I mostly just spin for the sake of spinning. I'll be offering handspun from fibers dyed by Amy of Spunky Eclectic, Carol of Black Bunny Fibers, David of Southern Cross Fibre, and others. Let my bounty of spinning come live in your stash! Or, just tell a friend. I'm adding new items about twice a week and hope to spend some time soon making more stitch markers (next to spinning, making stitch markers rates up there on my list of What I Really Really Like).

Anyone that wants to sort of proofread or offer feedback, please feel free to either Convo me on Etsy or email me at htsparks @ gmail . com.

2 comments:

loopykd said...

Wow, that's a whole lotta stuff! I love the colors and your labels look wonderful! Good luck!

Lara said...

Oooooh! Purrrrrty.