Monday, November 24, 2008

Stash!

I've been, to put it mildly, under the weather for the last two weeks. This weekend, instead of working as scheduled, I remained wrapped in blankets and drank a lot of tea. And, I managed to get some images uploaded to Flickr. Finally. I mean, I probably could have uploaded them weeks ago, but I had this huge imaging project looming overhead and I just didn't feel right working on other images until it was done.... And, while it took much longer than I expected, it's done and I can now resume taking pictures of yarn, fiber, and stuff.

Here's a Mystery Bump I picked up at Rhinebeck. It's about the size of a 2L bottle and promises to be an interesting spin.

mystery bump

mystery bump inside

mystery bump inside 2


I got some other fiber, but haven't taken a photo of it yet. My stash has been experiencing some growing pains and I've decided to sell some of it - I'm sure you can understand. I'm on the fence still about putting up my sweater quantities, and I remain hopeful that if I give it one. more. chance., I'll be able to knit a sweater *and* love it. Anyway, here's a link to the destash on Ravelry. I'm in no rush to move everything out - it really just feels good to have an idea of what stays and what goes.

After Rhinebeck, I found myself motivated to finish up the spinning I'd started on the Jensen. After months of trying to make our relationship solid, I admitted to myself that me and Mr. Jensen were just not going to be BFF. So, early on the first day of Rhinebeck (the line at The Fold was only about 10 deep), I made a deal on a Schacht Matchless - the wheel that I originally wanted before having the Jensen fall in my lap. I could not be happier with this wheel and feel like it complements the Fricke perfectly. Here's some yarn I spun on the Jensen and plied on the Matchless:

helleborus wine stain 4

helleborus wine stain


It's just over half of the 8oz of merino from Black Bunny Fibers, colorway Helleborus. I think it was my first installment in Carol's fiber club... It's really a scrumptious fiber and spun up without any problems. I Navajo-plied the singles and once I fulled and finished the yarn, found that it reminded me of the stains red wine leaves on white tablecloths.

Mr. Fricke is still getting loads of action - I spun up Spunky Eclectic's Acadia (FOTM) and then Navajo-plied those singles, getting 422 yds of lovely, fingering weight yarn. The fiber is Finn and the end yarn is called Dream It's Over.

don't dream it's over FINN


Did I blog about this?

special event 10 - 1


This is SW merino, custom dyed by Amy King. I spun it as part of a wedding blanket project and regret not having ordered more of this fiber and color. It's so squishy and perfect. The recipients, that dynamic duo Anj and Sue, will surely be warm all winter and every winter.

special event 84 - 2


Finally, the cats. Oi, the cats. Things continue to be interesting. Just this week, in fact, we've woken up more mornings than not to discover two cats snuggled in bed with us. And, the other day, I found both Chico and Penelope practically sharing a windowsill (alright, so she was on the windowsill and he was on the table, but they were mere INCHES apart), drawn together by the Power of the Sunbeam. The Sunbeam is so powerful, little Miss P follows it from the floor to the bookcase:

dartboard bookshelf 2


And if that doesn't make you want to go home and snuggle, then I don't know what will. For those that will be celebrating, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

purlewe said...

OMG that yarn is so pretty. I can't wait to see it knitted up!! I bet it will be wonderful when the blanket is done. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Jenny Girl said...

These are all so beautiful!
Have a wonderful thanksgiving!