Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Just checked the Rhinebeck forecast (for the Nth time today, bringing the total times checked since the 10-day included Saturday up to 11,000) and it looks like we're going to be sunny and brisk! Who can't wait? I CAN'T WAIT. I am so glad that Mike is willing to go with me this year - we're surely going to have a special 12th anniversary celebration.


Here're our plans so far:
  • Get up early Friday and drive an hour and a half to the trail head for climbing Hunter Mountain. At just over 4,000 feet, it's the second tallest peak in the Catskills. Mike's treating it as a piece of cake, but I think summiting a mountain is a big deal. It's not like we're strolling up a hill.
  • Spend Saturday strolling the festival. I've already looked at the event schedule and have marked off anything that is strictly non-fiber for Mike's enjoyment. This includes: canine Frisbee demonstration, pumpkin chucking, and a hand-drawn map of the wine and cheese barn. I expect I'll have to text him hourly just to make sure he's not trying to catch a Frisbee in his mouth or in a cheese coma.
  • Have a lovely dinner that may or may not involve banana ketchup outside of the house. If you're not familiar with banana ketchup, get some at your local international supermarket.
  • Play some disc golf as we make our way home.
Now, if you're keeping score, you'll see there are THREE THINGS on that list that are basically all for the benefit of Mike - mountains, cheese comas, and banana ketchup. And I only have the one measly day at the festival as my prize. I'll just muddle through, though. The things I do for that man!

Say hey if you see me! I'll be toting this bag again:

you will know me by the squirrels on my bag


And, if all goes well, I'll be wearing a modified version of this sweater:

anastasia sleeve block
(Apparently I don't have any finished pictures of this sweater?
Anyway, I'm taking off the sleeves and seeing what happens...)

3 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

Happy Anniversary and have great time at Rhinebeck!

Congrats on the bike ride too!

Martha said...

Miz H,

Be sure to come by the Spirit Trail Fiberworks Booth & give us a hug & all your news about the Festival.
XOXO

Sharon Rose said...

So?? Tell! What happened? Did anything come home with you?

Thanks for the Balboa info. :)