Monday, May 19, 2008

Big wheels keep on turning

I may have bought a new wheel.

Actually, there's no may about it - I DID buy a new wheel. And while I had been shopping for a new wheel, I wasn't shopping for this particular wheel....

Insert picture here

I'd show you a picture, but I don't have the wheel yet! It's still in Maine!!! And I've spent the last 8 days trying to figure out how to get it here. Relay from seller to sister to me? Maybe. Shipping? Maybe. Crazy road-trip? Maybe. Vacation? Maybe.

Unknown courier driving south? Maybe - I mean, are any of you willing to drive a portion or the entire journey from Maine to Philadelphia?

The ironical (as Martin would say) thing is, the wheel used to live in New Jersey prior to moving to Maine - that would have made acquisition easier. :-) Still, Maine's not that far away and I know that soon, I'll have the new-to-me wheel in my house. I mean, I kinda have to have it now - I've got a spot for it, picked out a name for it, and have spent countless hours *squeeing* in expectation.

In somewhat related news, the craft room is on the verge of being reclaimed as a... craft room! We spent the weekend painting the master bedroom and all that's preventing us from moving back in is the last coat on the trim and a good scrub of the floor. THEN, I can get back into the craft room and put up shelves and organize fiber and stash yarn and luxuriate in a room of my own.

Upcoming - Matchy Matchy in Real Life, the New Wheel, Kitty Kat Update, and Vacation - all good stuff!!!

4 comments:

loopykd said...

Ok so what kind is it? Are you going to keep us in suspense?

Megan said...

Hmmm... where in Maine? I could probably get it to Hartford, CT for you if it's someplace vaguely near Amy's sister (i.e. not above Portland).

Jenny Girl said...

Congrats on the purchase. Can't wait to see a photo. Sounds like a road trip is in order for you.

AIM EYE said...

dude, the wheel can totally sit at my house until you pick it up. i mean, it should be tested, right?