Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Goodness gracious, it's lace!

Because three fibers on the bobbins, two on the drop spindles, 1 bag, 1 sweater, and 2 socks aren't enough WIP (and I haven't even mentioned the cross-stitch and embroidery projects), I decided over the weekend to cast on for the Leaf and Acorn Lace Scarf, offered through Elann.com. I bought a lovely fingering weight alpaca from a fellow Raveler and couldn't wait to start using it.

Three days later, I'm ready to be quit of it--both yarn and pattern. I'm on my third fourth attempt to get this underway, having now knit the same 14 rows and checked off the same 14 rows as done and counted the same 14 rows to make sure the stitch count is matching up with the pattern. And everything is perfect, and then I get to row 8 and everything goes to shit.

*sigh*

I might give this pattern one more try, and hopefully that sticks--I have to repeat row 8 5 (or, as my original intent was, 6) more times. Plus, if row 8 is so bad, what am I going to think of the remaining 52 row-repeat?

2 comments:

Jody said...

Ouch. Knitting lace without a chart is *scary*. ;)

Sarah L. said...

Oh, thank heavens, someone else who cross-stitches! For the last month, I haven't wanted to mention it on the blog, but I've been using precious knitting time to try to finish a cross-stitch sampler I started over 12 years ago. Nice to know I'm not alone. :-)