Wednesday, December 12, 2007

breaking rocks all day

Wow. I can hardly believe that I've been without a post for over a month.

I still don't have any Koigu, though I did pick up some Claudia's Handpainted, some Cascade 220 (for felted clogs), some Lorna's Laces roving (Black Purl), and I scored about 2 pounds of natural colored unknown wool from my good friend Sam.

In the last month, I've gotten a new boss, dealt with a semi-major plumbing issue, had my roof serviced, hosted the local knitting group's monthly Stitch 'n' Bitch, cleaned the holy hell out of my house (which included, among so many other things, shredding documents for 3 hours straight. Enron much?), and succumbed to the tempation that is sleeping late, as brought to me daily by my heated mattress pad.

I'm spending those last few minutes before dream-time reading Alden Amos' Big Book of Handspinning and having the predicted reactions: "I know that! It makes sense!" "I didn't know that, but damn, it makes sense!!!"

I was knitting on a sock for my mom until I poked my left pointer finger senseless. While that heals up, I'm knitting the first of two pairs of felted clogs. I've knit them before and forgot how quick a knit they are! I also forgot how much counting was involved until last night. We were on the couch, Mike was tuned into Deal or No Deal (it's SO his show), gabbing away about this and that when I sighed a Great Big Sigh and sniped, "I'm trying to count here!"

I've asked Santa for a blocking board and some Noro sock yarn. How about you?

No comments: