Tuesday, October 09, 2007

High in fiber

I'm going to say that it was pre-Rhinebeck jitters that led me to the following shopping frenzy.

nibiscuscorriedale

Hibicus corriedale from Spunky Eclectic.

septclub

September FOTM edition: merino/tencel blend in the Aspen colorway. Yum.

16ozmerinobark

16oz of merino in the Bark colorway. This'll be plied with the Wangum merino I got off of Brook a few weeks back. In fact, if you just wait another day or so, I'll post a shot of the first 4oz of that magical pairing.

2ozmertenravelry

It's shiny, it's pink, it's green, it's RAVELRY!!! This'll be spun finely and plied with the superwash below.

superwashmerinohosta

Superwash merino in the Hosta colorway. I know the greens aren't the same as the green in the Ravelry merino/tencel above, but I think it'll be a wonderful yarn once plied together.


The next batch of fiber I picked up when I took a trip down Peepytown Road. You know, to get to The Mannings, Pennsylvania's own little slice of fiber nirvana. I fondled Noro and Debbie Bliss and Cascade and just...everything. I touched drop spindles and hand carders and loom shuttles (I don't have a loom. I was just touching everything...). And I spun on a Reeves, great big swooping spins of the curvy wheel, feeling the therapeutic waves of spinning and fiber wash over me. I mean, it had been a good 36 hours since I last spun! Onto the haul...

4ozmerinomannings

This might get paired with the Hibiscus corriedale above. Or not. Undecided. This is merino in the Semiprecious colorway.

gaywooldyedmerinosilk8515boronia

Gaywool dyed merino/silk (85/15), Boronia colorway. Gorgeous stuff with subtle variations.

gaywooldyedmerinosilk8515belladonna

So nice a blend, in fact, I bought it twice. Same specs, except this is the Belladonna colorway. For both of these shots, there's a much larger image on the Flickr page--really let's you see the gorgeous color.

merinosilkpossply

I'm thinking these two merino/silk beauties want to be plied with each other. For now, though, I'm just going to gaze upon each and marvel at their softness and luster.

karaokerovingmermaidsoywool

50/50 soy/wool. This stuff is my surprise favorite from the trip. When we got back to our hotel room (we were staying in Hershey for the last cross-stitch convention...), I whipped out the drop spindle immediately and dropped about 15 fingering-weight yards of this fiber. Yummy, yummy stuff.

fiber orgy

Fiber. Orgy. Might be time to put out the Do Not Disturb sign....

No comments: