Friday, April 20, 2007

Wicked pictures!

Here are some progress shots of Wicked--you can view the full set here.


three balls deep
About three balls in... The first ball scared me with how quick I knit through it, then I realized it had been knit in a lace pattern, on larger needles, and with more stitches in each round. The second ball behaved better and each subsequent ball as well.

second knot
Well... the yarn behaved *mostly*. Two balls--I think the first and fourth--each had knots like this. I was able to work with through the knots though in that both are neatly hidden on the inside of the garment.

shoulder seam
Even though I did the shoulder seams last week, I'm still pretty freaking impressed with myself. *ting*

Sleeve #1, Attempt #2
My second attempt at sleeve #1... I learned that patience makes all the difference. However, I hope that when I go to pick-up and knit the stitches for the second sleeve, I can achieve that first row in less than 90 minutes.


What's everyone got planned for the weekend? I'm still trying to decide: Wissahickon walk, Philadelphia Book Festival, gardening, basemess, Ghia, biking, sleeping in, Sideshow Bob-ectomies... All I know for sure is I do not have to work (it was touch and go for a couple of days...).

No comments: