Wednesday, January 03, 2007

First things meme

First Things First

What is the first thing you did in the new year?

The things I will mention include blowing horns and twirling noise-makers, dancing with my neighbor's sister on another neighbor's porch, and having a shouting match with other, unseen neighbors (we were trying to see who could E-A-G-L-E-S the loudest. I think I won.).

I won't mention the vomiting or the hangover.

What is the first thing you ate in the new year?

Half a thing of yogurt. And that was it for the entire day.

What is the first thing you knit in the new year?

Mike's socks! I'm making up a simple sock pattern, top-down, using Austermann Step in the 06 colorway. The socks feature a 1x1 ribbing at the cuff and then two panels of 1x1 ribbing along the sides. Jody once observed that I must be a tight knitter (this after sharing my purchase of 0000 DPNs), and I finally have to agree--I'm knitting these socks on US 3s and the resulting fabric is fairly dense. Perhaps this tight knitting explains my tendency to inadvertently sharpen the points of Addi circs?

What is your first ‘blessing’ of the new year?

Mike getting paid, my hangover going away!

What is the first thing you will do to make the world a better place in the new year?

I'm going to keep on with being a service-oriented person. I've found that kindness goes a lot further (especially in this line of work where I run into the ocassional crazy just a bit too frequently). I'm a big fan of getting what you give, so I try to give the best I can. And that may be the best I can do.

Post the first photo you took in the new year!

My camera's sat relatively untouched, even with the tri-state trip over the holidays. However, this old guy on the bus this morning--he got HIS picture of the New Year in just as we were passing the other train station near my house. Now that I mention it, that guy was kind of weird: as soon as I got on the bus (a stop early so I could reaquaint myself with that old mistress diet cola in the a.m.), he and his companion started complaining about what was more painful--his godchild or her pimple. Then, as we approached the above-mentioned location, he jumped up from his seat and began snapping pictures of two poor saps' fender bender (a Mini Cooper and a Honda Civic), and then sat down, proudly exclaiming, "Oh BOY, Peter Parker!"

Now, really, do I need to post a photo if I've got such a strange story as that?

No comments: