Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Thank you, everyone!

Thank you to each and every one of you that donated to my MS 150 City to Shore Ride. I am happy (and sore) to report that my team (Team Catfish and Waffles!) made it from our airy perch in East Falls, Philadelphia, all the way down to Ocean City, NJ, and then back. We rode a total of 172.25 miles in about 12 hours.

It was really an interesting experience, and knowing that I can do it is very empowering. Having friends and family supporting me kept me going those last few miles!

In knitting news, I've reach the armholes on the sweater vest. And, I've reached the split for the v-neck, as well. So far, it looks great. I hope to spend a few hours on it tonight--that should be enough to get the one side of the split done and the other side at least started. I've also cast on for the other Red Hat sock, though so far I'm only about 1 pattern repeat in. I just can't not have a sock in the works, I guess!!!

1 comment:

JT Evans said...

That bicycling feat is really awesome. By my calculator, your average speed for 12 hours was 14.354166666666666666666666666667 miles per hour. That's amazing!