Thursday, September 14, 2006

No sleep

First of all, a little shout out to Mr. JT; "nonne" us too!!!

First of all, part A and B, we here in the land of Sparksalots also miss Mmmmissy and MCJerryB. And Monty! Oh, hell, let's just tack on the whole B-E clan...

Second, I don't like the way the world looks at 4am, especially when the night before I found myself struggling to fall asleep.

Third, the wisdom of my husband prevailed last night, and not too soon. I'd just started to bind off for the armholes on the sweater vest I'm creating, and for shits and giggles, I put on this armhole-less, shoulder-less garment. The body fits very nice, so far. The armholes that I was so ready to commit to? Not exactly ready! This... premature armhole shaping is my knitting affliction. Every sweater I've knit has the same issue. Thank goodness I trudged upstairs, trailing the two skeins of yarn behind me, for that male opinion. So, a good 4-6 more rows on the body tonight. I have to remember to do a few increases for the bust, or do a few short rows...

The big ride is this weekend. I am ready to be halfway done with it. I'm mostly concerned with the ride back--we're being hardcore and biking from our 'hood (East Falls, Philadelphia) to the start (Woodcrest Patco Station in NJ), which tacks on an extra 8-10 miles on both ends. Coming home I doubt I'll truly want those extra miles. I may just have to pull a mule at the bottom of the dreaded hill and insist that someone carry me the rest of the way. Thank goodness for having Monday off.

Pictures, soon-ish. I let the battery die on my super-swank camera and I just need to charge it already...

No comments: