Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Shortness

I'm off the rest of this week, making this already short work week even shorter. I've got tons of plans, though, so I'll be busy most every day except Friday--and Friday is going to be spent gardening, weeding, and imaging.

My mom came up on Sunday and helped out a ton with my container gardening. I've finally moved away from having all of my pots hold one variety, and it is going to look so good this summer. I picked up a half-dozen or so different annuals, mixing pinks, whites, purples, and yellows. I also picked up some peppers (ornamental and hot) and some cherry tomatoes--I'll be growing the vegetables on the deck. Finally, I filled my window boxes with cilantro, pineapple sage, chives, lemon balm, and basil. I managed to winter my lemon thyme, oregano, and lavender from last year (but I lost my rosemary...).

I'm slowly finishing up the Mom Socks (not for my mom, but for a mom...) and I'm at the point with the wedding sampler that if I would just sit down and devote an afternoon to stitching, I'd be done.

Coming soon: a picture-packed post.

No comments: