Monday, May 15, 2006

It's Spark-o-matic, gone Craft-o-matic.

I think I'm back.

I'm the blogger formerly known as Sparkomatic. I took a break from the world as we all knew it, and now I think it's time to jump back in.

I craft a lot: knitting, cross-stitching, embroidery, crocheting, scrap-booking, beading, and sewing, to name a few. I am also an avid DIYer, preferring to dirty my own hands than pay some man to do it. Usually...

I've been married for just about ten years and I have a cat that hates everyone, including me.

I don't have a car, but I still have four wheels--I bike lots of places, prefering my Giant hybrid to my Schwinn mountain. When I do get a car, it's going to be a sweet Karmann Ghia.

Life is good.

So... what's been happenin' these last few months? Well, a lot of knitting. I mean, a LOT. As in, I learned right before Thanksgiving 05 that Christmas might not happen unless I started knitting from stash. That's how much knitting. SO MUCH KNITTING for Christmas 05 that, in fact, I'm still not done with the knitting. But, let's face it, that knitting is now turning into Christmas 06 knitting. I know you all understand.

I've also be cross-stitching. I'm probably just a few days' worth of stitching away from finishing a wedding sampler for a dear friend. I need to take pictures!!!

And we've been house-working. The largest project, in terms of money, has been the windows. Aside from the purchase of the house, the check we wrote for the windows as the largest we've drafted. I still shudder at the thought of those 5 figures... The new windows were installed in January and we're just now getting to the touch-up painting. After we've touched up, we get to reinstall our window treatments. I will not know how to handle myself once I've got curtains in my bedroom.

Next up: I'm going to take it upon myself to do the alphabet meme that never got to me.

No comments: